facebook

transgender female

by:    

I am a transgender female and I would like to go through recruitment. How welcome do you think I would be here at Vandy? I have already lost my roommate which has been a trauma. Not sure what to think so would appreciate some help. Thanks

Posted By: suzan
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

I am not sure if our panhel has a transgender policy? Does anyone know if we have walked this road before? I know other schools have dealt with this issue, just not sure if we have. Help me out here people.

By: dana
#2by:    

I know that my chapter is overall not opposed to a transgender sister, but we would have to fight nationals in order to initiate one.

By: Secret Sister
#3by:    

I read about the AOII Tufts thing because I had never heard about it and that i something that will affect the Panhellenic community as a whole no matter what house you are in. Half of the chapter did quit, which caused nationals to allow the transgender woman to became a sister. But it was unclear if any policy change was enacted, but there is a precedent set for AOII at least to accept transgender sisters. Greek life is requiring all national policies to be on the books next year to create more transparency overall, but especially with topics like this. I hope that you are happy with your decision whatever it is and remember that some houses do COB, so you do not necessarily have to go through formal recruitment.

#4by:    

I read about the AOII Tufts thing because I had never heard about it and that i something that will affect the Panhellenic community as a whole no matter what house you are in. Half of the chapter did quit, which caused nationals to allow the transgender woman to became a sister. But it was unclear if any policy change was enacted, but there is a precedent set for AOII at least to accept transgender sisters. Greek life is requiring all national policies to be on the books next year to create more transparency overall, but especially with topics like this. I hope that you are happy with your decision whatever it is and remember that some houses do COB, so you do not necessarily have to go through formal recruitment.

#5by:    

Haha

By: Haha

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#6by:    

We just talked about this in my chapter, you would be so welcome

By: Go girl
by: ^   

This is what Greek rank should be all the time

By: ^
#7by:    

Heheh

By: Ben
#8by:    

do we really have to play along with someone's gender confusion?? This is too much, not to mention the most inorganic approach to gender dysphoria there could be.

I'm OK being kind to everyone but having to pretend a guy is a girl because his thoughts don't match his body is too much. Thoughts don't generate reality.

And, if sororities are going down this road, watch greek life drop in popularity. The frats we mix with don't want to guess who is a real female and who isn't. Not fair at all for a trans woman to lead a guy on who in all likelihood wants a real woman (or should I say a bio woman).

By: wow
by: Meg   

I'm as liberal as they come but really, this makes sense about the organic approach and all that. I've never heard it put that way

By: Meg
by: lol   

matt colleran is that you?

By: lol
#9by:    

To 'wow':
Your post made me cry. I am a straight woman in a "top house" (not that any of that information should matter) and the insensitivity and close mindedness you are showing and sharing is very upsetting. I hope as you go into the real world and become an adult you learn to be more open and kind to others- even if you don't understand them.

By: Saddened
by: supp   

dis true.
we need logic, not weepy emotion

By: supp
#10by:    

Does anyone know if this person received a bid?

By: So...

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.