facebook

affordability

by:    

So I want to join a frat, but money is a huge factor (I'm going to Vandy on a full ride next year). I've heard that there are Greek life scholarships, financial aid etc. I guess my question is do frats at Vandy help to make it affordable members that can't pay and if so which ones are the most affordable?

Posted By: Vandy'20
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

If you gotta ask, it's probably not going to work out

By: Not Poor
by: Not Poor   

Sold my first app at 15. Parents work for me now...

By: Not Poor
#2by:    

Yes basically all fraternities will help out guys who need help with the dues. However it won't be free for you. You'll still need to pay for drinks, ubers, trips, etc. Also be aware that most guys in fraternities aren't on full financial aid.
I'd recommend upgrading your wardrobe before you come here. That will require getting about 15 polos and OCBDs, along with some nice shorts(not cargos) and boat shoes to wear to class and other causal occasions when it's warm outside. As Nashville does get cold you will need some nice winter clothing(bean boots, Barbour jackets, etc.) You also need about three blazers and a nice suit(think Brooks Brothers) for date parties and other formal occasions.
Overall they will help you out but you will need to contribute some too.

By: Don't worry
by: Guest   

So do you think if I got a job on campus and saved up like 2000ish this summer plus got some help from the frat it could work out?

By: Guest
by: Yeah   

You should be fine then. And just so know most people on financial aid work on campus as part of their work study program. The money they get goes towards paying their tuition, not dues.

By: Yeah
by: ok   

well all my tuition and everything is paid for by the school

By: ok
by: Guest   

Usually as part of your financial aid package you have to work part time on campus. You can always work additional hours to get extra spending money though.

By: Guest
by: OP   

Will they tell you before hand if you have to pay for part of your tuition with your work study job? Because my financial aid package outlined where all my money was coming from and it didn't mention work study.

By: OP
by: Don't Worry   

lol so I'm a douche because I dress nicely. Yes, you will fit in fine at the houses if you don't wear cargos, Abercrombie, etc. But that doesn't mean that you should just wear t-shirts and sneakers to class. I'd honestly like to see a dress code for my fraternity. Require members to wear a collared shirt and nice shorts/pants and nice shoes to class and around campus. Require the pledges to wear a blazer and tie everyday, and a full suit once a week. Save the party shirts for the Rec. This will probably not happen, but if all the top houses at Vandy did this it would improve our image. Now go ahead and call me a douche and a try hard.

By: Don't Worry
#3by:    

Just wondering OP are you white???

By: ????

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Vandy'20   

Nah I'm black. But I don't really want to join a historically black frat. Wh?

By: Vandy'20
by: Well...   

In that case you can take SAE and a few other houses off your list.

By: Well...
by: the Internet   

Sh-it Corey, you almost got this one past me.

You still mad bro?

By: the Internet

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.