facebook

do all houses take sophomores?

by:    

Do all houses take sophomores? And what houses do fall rush?

Posted By: Sophomore
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Only houses that do fall rush are the ones that didn't make quota the spring before. Nobody wants to fool with it unless they really need to.

By: OlderAlum

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

The post above is referring to only sororities. Most of the fraternities do fall rush and usually take 5-15 new guys. The rush process is less formal though, and you have to put in more effort yourself if you want to get a bid. I know a couple of the fraternities have opted out of fall rush in the past like SAE, but I'm not sure if they do that every year.

By: Senior
#3by:    

Basically every frat has fall rush. Some have bigger classes that others, Beta only had 4 last fall, pretty sure some had like 15. Expect SAE and the new frats to have big classes next fall.

By: The Ghost of Beta's Past
#4by:    

So do all sororities take sophomores in the spring?

By: sophomore
#5by:    

The only house that historically doesn't take sophomores is SigNu

By: ZeroSumGame
#6by:    

It feels like nobody else knows what they are saying and it feels like I am taking crazy pills. The only houses that do not do fall rush that remain on campus are Sae and Sigchi. There are realistically some red flags that some up when voting on a sophomore rather than a freshman because there's kind of the question in the back of your mind wondering why they didn't join another house and why they would transfer schools. In my personal conversations I have found that a lot of the sophomores who claimed to be rushing late ultimately ended up being just some genuinely weird dudes for the most part who I thought were more likely to have been cut from everywhere. For the record I pledged as a sophomore after going here for a year so I have a fair amount of exposure to this topic and it has been something I tried my hatdest to incorporate into the recruitment of further fall rushes.

By: Aight

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.