facebook

fun?

by: Curious

Why do people keep saying "fun is dying at Vandy"?

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: black&gold   

2 letters: KT

By: black&gold
by: kindaApr 25, 2016 11:40:16 PM

KT was the one who originally started to kill fun at Vandy, but Mark Bandas is the one who wants to kill greek life. He hates greek life. He doesn't understand how important greek life is to Vanderbilt, and how much this school would suck if Greek life was gone. If it were up to Bandas, greek life would basically be dead. No tailgates, no parties, etc. Really hope that alumni start to take notice of what's happening at Vandy; they're ruining the school.

By: kinda
#2  by: hmm   

vandy is still a lot more fun than most schools especially schools at this academic caliber, but with even the smallest offense, fraternities are being kicked off or put on probation. right now i know at least 4 houses are on social suspension or probation and dke and beta are both gone. vandy has been out to get greek life the past couple of years and its getting ridiculous. but by no means is fun dying, greek life is one of vanderbilt's strengths with a large portion of the student body involved and it is the reason many prospective students choose vanderbilt.

By: hmm
#3  by: Because it is   

Many Ivy schools go harder than us. Our social scene is pathetic. Just look at our tiny Greek houses compared to a state school.

By: Because it is
by: heyApr 26, 2016 8:01:59 PM

but if the houses (and porches) weren't small then kappa sig wouldnt be so sick

By: hey
#4  by: ?   

Is there anything outside of Greek life? Is Vandy dead for anyone that isn't Greek?

By: ?
by: BasicallyApr 25, 2016 9:19:12 AM

If you are a guy yes.

By: Basically
#5  by: s   

Because it actually is. Even last year, more kids went out on Tuesday and Thursday. This year, there's basically one party a weekend. Every house is on probation, and a lot more people talk about how Vandy sucks now. Vandy definitely still has some fun going on, but fun is definitely dying. My friend told me that this happened at his previous school (top ranked as well). It used to be considered a pretty fun school, but Greek Life has gotten killed. A ton of kids transfer out of there now, and the overall attitude at that school is "why did we go here, it sucks." If Vandy keeps on doing this to Greek life, it hurts everyone who wants to go out. Parties go off campus and become way more exclusive. A few years back, you could go to basically any party you wanted to (and you also had the bar scene, which Vanderbilt killed), regardless of whether or not you were a GDI. Now, every house is afraid to let kids in due to liability concerns, making the Greek/GDI split worse (that's why GDI's seem so much more angry about the greek scene now).

It's too bad; I love Vanderbilt as a school, but I'm not so sure I'd recommend going there anymore to prospective students. The school's losing the main reason so many kids wanted to come here: a top 20 work hard, play hard school. I'd rather go to Virginia, Michigan, or even Penn now.

By: s
#6  by: Sad   

I'm a senior and the difference between my freshman year and now is ridiculous. Freshman year was the best - there were parties to go to almost 5 nights a week (if I'd wanted to) and the morale around campus was strong. I pledged and it just got even better. It's gone downhill since and frankly, I'm not even sentimental about leaving.

By: Sad
by: agreeApr 26, 2016 12:38:41 PM

i'm not going to donate any money to Vandy. The administration is destroying the school

By: agree
#7  by: Well   

We have fewer traditional fraternities than most schools, and the administration is hell bent on systematically getting rid of them. We ljust ost one of our top tier frats that you could always count on for a good time and those pledges had to scramble. Welcome to Vanderbilt.

By: Well

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.