facebook

vandy

by:    

Is anyone else disillusioned here? I was so pumped to come to Vandy - got in ED and never looked back. I hate it here. People are so rude and insincere. Am I alone in this?

Posted By: SJ
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

Nope. I'm transferring for next year... one year was enough here. Never living in the south again.

By: lol
#2by:    

So many self-entitled brats who like to tell everyone else how irrelevant they are. I hope I never hear that word ever again.

By: Yep
by: And   

Most of the rude and insincere people DO NOT come from the south, although many try to pretend they do.....

By: And
by: Agreed   

I never thought this place would be so close-minded since so many students come from all over - plus, it takes some brains to get in. I alnost think a large public University would be a better fit, even in the South. My friends at UVa and UNC love it and we're all from the North.

By: Agreed
by: ^^   

I thinks it's more than a "few" bad eggs..

By: ^^
#3by:    

It doesn't help being in a frat. I'm in one of the "top" ones and hate everything about Vandy.

By: Not a geed
#4by:    

Is it too southern?

By: ?
by: No   

In my opinion, "southern" doesn't have anything to do with it. I think people at Vandy just think waaaaayy too highly of themselves.

By: No
#5by:    

Real Talk, Campus culture needs to change

By: Change
by: Hmm   

Not soon enough for me. I'm gone.

By: Hmm
#6by:    

If you aren't happy at vandy, then you won't find happiness anywhere. College isn't supposed to be the best time of your life. You are here to learn and grow up, and just running away to a different school will not help

By: Get over it
#7by:    

Not a southern thing. It's a lot of high school carryover. Everyone just needs to relax and stop taking everything so seriously.

By: Relax
#8by:    

Stay strong and keep looking. Never buy into the idea that Vanderbilt is a monolithic "rude and insincere" -- this school has immense diversity and to paint the school with one brush discounts one of the most amazing things about this school.

Maybe who you found this year isn't you. But we're a massive school -- chances are there are people out there just like you.

By: Transfer
#9by:    

the school's culture has completely changed because of the crackdown on fun. Vandy used to be a work hard, play hard school where kids were really smart but still had a great time. That's a big reason why the school rose up in popularity so fast; it was a top 20 school but unlike most of the other top schools it was a great time. Now theres not a lot going on anymore, and the culture seems a lot more uptight. The crackdown on greek life has hurt both greeks and non-greeks, as a lot of independent kids blame the greeks for doing nothing anymore (but if we throw one party we're either on probation/suspension for a couple months, so events have gotten a lot more closed and off-limits to non-greeks). Bandas/KT and the administration are completely disconnected with what the student body wants, and they don't get that they're taking away a big reason why so many kids came to vandy.

By: sr
#10by:    

Not geography or fun factor. Just some carry over from high school. VU can be VHS at times. Everyone just needs to chill and realize it should be about camaraderie not competition.

By: VHS

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.