facebook

what can i expect at spring fling?

by: PNM

Totally clueless about the whole process. Can someone please explain what's gonna happen? When you'll receive a bid? (if you get selected to receive one of course) Also, what to wear?

And I know this is asked A LOT, but if someone could post a complete/confirmed list of sororities participating in spring rush?

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: a   

Ever sorority but kkg and azd are doing recruitment (I'm pretty sure)

By: a
#2  by: R   

I did Spring Rush last year, I'll tell you everything I know honestly and unbiased.

Spring Rush is for the sororities that didn't meet quota and need to fill it. The top tier houses that were popular during fall recruitment either won't need to do spring rush or will only take a handful of girls. The middle and bottom tier houses will need take 10-15 girls to fill quota probably.

The first day of spring fling, you go into one of the ballrooms in the SU and every sorority (even if they're not rushing) will have a table set up with girls there. You go around to whichever tables you want and introduce yourself to the girls. The next day the houses normally have some sort of brunch/open house. Some sororities are more open about their 2nd day open house than others. (ex. Tri Delt's was invitation only and Pi Phi was handing out cards with time & dates to everyone) So I would suggest asking when they're next event is, because if you don't go you can't go to the 3rd day.

The open house is pretty informal, they bring you into the house, sometimes show you around, have you just talk to the girls. Every house does it slightly differently. The next day is usually a formal round and they call you with a bid after that.

Note: Spring Rush is really competitive. Not everyone is taking girls. Don't just join one to join one. Fall rush is much more fair and a completely better, and more fun experience in my opinion.

By: R

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.